Within the 5th week of pregnancy, there will be certain signs that can help the mother-to-be understand whether she is pregnant with twins or not.
- One of the first and most obvious signs is the change of appetite. There will be an immense increase in appetite by week 5. This may increase as time progresses. It is important to follow the body cravings and eat whatever she feels at that point of time. Those expecting twins will have to eat one and a half time more than those with single pregnancies.
- Another sign is the feeling of being tired all the time. This can even lead to extreme exhaustion. This is because the body is pressured by two babies. A lot of rest and a healthy diet with light exercise are required for this.
- There will be an increase in the frequency of urination. The growth of the uterus leads to a pressure on the bladder than makes it difficult to hold in the urine. It is advisable not to hold it in and frequent the rest room whenever required.
- Nausea and morning sickness at an intense rate is part of twin pregnancy. This can be frustrating since it will happen throughout the day. It is important to eat at regular intervals to ease the stomach.
- There will be some who will feel a high sense of smell and can feel aversion towards different tastes and smells.
- There can be feeling of heartburn and this is due to the enlarging of the uterus. Antacids should help. Do not lie down after a meal but go for a walk or sit straight for the food to digest.
- Constipation is also another symptom during the twin pregnancy. The fiber and water intake should increase, hence.