Pregnancy week by week
The first week of pregnancy is quite an unusual experience and many women do not even have a clue that they are pregnant. As most of the women do not know exactly when they conceived, hence first week of pregnancy mostly passes unnoticed. Women are not aware of what changes are taking place in them in this first week of pregnancy. As their bodies do not witness much physical changes during this week but unnoticeable hormonal changes start eventually.
Symptoms noticed in first week of pregnancy:
- Since hormonal changes start abruptly during first week, therefore women feel frustrated and depressed due to the hormonal imbalance.
- Some women may also feel gastric, uneasy, anxiety, constipation and nausea in the first week of pregnancy.
- Another symptom which is observed in some women is frequent urination and small increase in the breast size.
- Some women may feel tired, exhausted, dizzy, and may also faint because of low blood pressure in the first week of pregnancy.
Child growth in the first week of pregnancy
In the first week of pregnancy, there is exactly no growth in the child. By the end of first week and on the 7th day of pregnancy, only the egg gets attached to the uterus lining. This cell will start dividing and growing in the coming weeks. You may feel little blood spotting, called as implantation in this week due to the attachment and implantation of egg.
Care that should be taken during first week of pregnancy:
- Do not feel depressed. Share your feelings and emotions with your near ones and try to be happy.
- Increase the intake of fresh fruits and veggies. You must also drink orange juice as it will provide the required folic acid.
- Start taking prenatal vitamins and vitamin supplements with the advice of a doctor.
- Quit smoking and drinking right from the first week of pregnancy.