Pregnancy week by week
A 22-week pregnant woman is at a very interesting stage of her pregnancy because a lot of major developments are taking in the body of her baby. This article will help to guide you on pregnancy week by week, describing the changes in your body and how to deal with them so that you and your baby can be healthy.
- Mother’s body: The mother gains more weight at 22 weeks and along with her belly her feet become slightly bigger too. This is because of a hormone called relaxin which relaxes your pelvic and other ligaments in the body like your feet. There will be stretch marks and the belly button may protrude
- Baby’s body: The baby’s weight also increases to up to one pound and it looks like small doll with eyebrows and eyelashes. Its nerve endings develop so there are defined movements like the baby may touch its own face. It also hears the mother’s voice and heartbeat as its senses develop even more
The most common problems faced by mothers at this stage are constipation and heartburn. As the heavy uterus puts pressure on the bowels, it makes the body work harder to remove waste from your body. The uterus also puts pressure on the abdominal cavity because of which the gastric acids in the stomach may be pushed up to the food pipe.
In order to tackle these problems, the following tips may be followed:
- In order to avoid constipation, eat fiber-rich foods and exercise every day
- Avoid drinking water with food as that worsens heartburns, rather drink before and after meals
- Drink a lot of water in order to avoid dizziness as the expanding uterus also puts pressure on the blood vessels which restricts the flow of blood to the brain
These tips will make your pregnancy week by week comfortable.