Pregnancy week by week
A 27-week pregnant woman experiences different changes in her body as the pregnancy develops week by week. By going through this article you can find out what are those changes and how to deal with them so that you can take care of yourself and your baby.
- Mother’s body: Most women at this stage experience a lot of puffiness and swelling of the feet and hands called edema due to increased blood flow and pressure from the uterus which results in the build-up of fluids in body tissues. This is a temporary condition. There may be other changes like darkening of the skin due to hyperpigmentation caused by hormonal changes.
- Baby’s body: The baby starts opening its eyes at this stage and responds to loud noises or bright light by kicking inside the womb. The brain becomes more developed and sensory responses increase. The baby weighs two pounds and in above nine inches in size
This stage is difficult for the mother as the baby’s weight is increasing and the uterus exerts pressure on many organs. There are hormonal changes which also alter the natural functioning of the body.
In order to tackle these problems, the following tips may be followed:
- Stay in the shade as much as possible if you have hyper pigmentation
- Brush your teeth and clean your tongue to prevent the formation of bacteria in the mouth which can affect your baby’s health
- Wear a pelvic support belt to if you suffer from symphysis pubis dysfunction, that is, the condition where your pelvic ligaments become loose and relaxed due to hormonal changes
- Do yoga exercises if you are suffering from restless leg syndrome
- Drink lots of water or juice if you get headaches and experience dizziness
- Take small meals in a day to avoid flatulence
These tips will make your pregnancy week by week comfortable.