Pregnancy week by week
This week starts with a good news regarding the tentative due date for delivery. The fifth week also marks the initiation of second month of pregnancy which means you are required to take more care of yourself and must eat more healthy diet. In this week your baby also gets developed more and starts resembling the alphabet C. Along with all these great happenings, the risk of miscarriage also increases and you are required to be more careful.
Symptoms noticed in fifth week of pregnancy:
- The hormones like estrogen and progesterone rise in your body and you may feel minor cramping and bleeding due to this. You must consult your doctor if any of these symptoms appear but you should not panic as these are regular symptoms that many women face.
- You may feel nausea, morning sickness, sore breasts, and frequent urge to urinate and may feel exhausted & tired.
Child growth in the fifth week of pregnancy
The nervous system, muscles and bones start their formation in the fifth week of pregnancy. The facial expressions like eyes, ears etc. also start developing in this week. The urinary system of child is also in the initial phase of development. Baby’s heart also starts working and pumping the blood.
Care that should be taken during fifth week of pregnancy:
- You must stay away from raw foods and foods that may contain chemicals. You must completely avoid unpasteurized milk, raw fish, raw or partially cooked eggs and meat etc.
- You must include light exercise like walking in your daily routine.
- You can also consider starting pregnancy yoga which will enhance the healthy development of your child and will help you to cope with the mental stress.
- You must also start avoiding coffee and can consider milk in place of it. This will give calcium to your baby needed for his bones development.